The International Relations Department of the University is engaged in the international activities of the University, which was established on October 29, 2003 by the order of the Rector on the basis of the relevant directive documents of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The activities of VMZ are aimed at developing, expanding and strengthening international relations and the authority of BSMU on the world stage.
Main areas of activity:
- organization of cooperation with foreign educational institutions, research institutions, public organizations, development of agreements and memoranda of cooperation;
- providing information, advisory support and assistance to university staff and students on participation in international conferences, opportunities for study and internship abroad, conducting joint research with foreign partners, participation of the university in grant and scholarship programs;
- cooperation with international foundations and programs, namely: ERASMUS MUNDUS, TEMPUS, DAAD, Fulbright, Lions Club Austria;
- preparation and organization of reception of foreign citizens, delegations, representatives of embassies and international organizations interested in cooperation with BSMU;
- involvement of foreign citizens in undergraduate and postgraduate studies at the university;
- dissemination of information about Bukovynian State Medical University in the international educational community;
- organization of development and publication of booklets about Bukovynian State Medical University in English;
- generalization and analysis of reports on international activities of the university departments and preparation of the annual report.
Activities of the department
The main activity of the department is the organization and coordination of international cooperation of the
university in the field of education and science, namely:
- work on the image of the university in the international arena and promote further integration into the world educational space and the scientific community;
- organization of cooperation with educational institutions, scientific institutions, international and public associations and organizations, foreign clinics;
- maintaining relations with partner foreign institutions;
- preparation of programs and organization of receptions of foreign delegations;
- dissemination of information about the university and involvement of foreign citizens in education;
- coordination of selection of candidates for exchange and internship programs;
- providing information, advisory support and methodological assistance to units.